Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SALT LAKE CITY -- Jonas Valanciunas was "juiced" from the moment he batted the openin
SALT LAKE CITY -- Jonas Valanciunas was "juiced" from the moment he batted the opening tip into the backcourt. Ronald Jones II Jersey . The improving big man from Lithuania set the tone and then DeMar DeRozan sealed the deal. "I was really excited to play Enes (Kanter). Hes a good buddy of mine and weve played since I was 15 years old. We talked all the game," said Valanciunas, who had 18 points and nine rebounds to help the Toronto Raptors turn back the Utah Jazz 94-79 on Monday night for their fourth win in the last five games. "We juiced him up a little bit this morning, teasing him about how Kanter got after him in the Euroleague. So he came out and played, really muscled," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said after the second-year centre scored the Raptors first six points. DeRozan scored 23 points as Toronto continued to surprise away from home. "Honestly, I think there is no pressure on the road," DeRozan said. DeRozan looked to get his teammates involved in the first half but once Kyle Lowry left with a knee injury, the new All-Star took matters into his own hands with nine points in the fourth quarter to quell a Jazz comeback. The Raptors scored 13 of the games final 16 points. "I just pick and choose. I try and be aggressive. Try and rebound, try to pass to my teammates. I dont just try and go out there to score every time down," DeRozan said. Valanciunas and Amir Johnson, who had 11 points and 11 rebounds, exposed the Jazz interior defence without Derrick Favours (hip). "Everyone gets along together. We all just kind of click. You usually dont find that," Johnson said. Marvin Williams scored 23 points and Alec Burks had 20 off the bench but it wasnt enough to keep the Jazz from their third straight loss, their worst span since a four-game skid from Dec. 4-9. Greivis Vasquez, who had 12 points, opened the fourth quarter with a floater to give the Raptors a 73-62 lead. Burks made back-to-back driving layups to power an 8-0 run to get the Jazz within four points for the first time since early in the second quarter. But the Raptors used their own 11-2 surge to clinch the victory. DeRozan had seven straight for the Raptors in the stretch. But the Raptors used their own 11-2 surge to clinch the victory. DeRozan had seven straight for the Raptors in the stretch. "Were playing for each other. Each of us want the best for the others on the team. We care about each other and have great chemistry," Vasquez said. The Raptors had dropped seven of eight at Utah by an average of 14.9 points, but controlled this one almost all the way. Torontos last win here since 2006 was a 111-106 double-overtime victory on Jan. 25, 2012. DeRozan has been effective no matter where he plays, especially in games in the States, averaging 27 points over his last seven on the road. Valanciunas also continued his upward trend with another strong game on the interior, with four offensive rebounds and many more plays where he kept the ball alive for Johnson. "Thats the challenge that hes got to take to be a big-time player in this league," Casey said. The Jazz hoped to awaken Gordon Hayward and Trey Burke from their slumps but the pair, which has been shooting less than 30 per cent, combined to make just 7 of 25 shots and commit seven turnovers. "I thought we had great shots. We missed some really good looks we have been making," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said after his team had a season-low 10 assists. Lowry had two points on 1-of-8 shooting before leaving to the locker room for good in the third quarter with right knee pain. He will be evaluated on Tuesday to see if he can play either of the final two games of this five-game Western Conference road trip. The Raptors (14-12) have as many road wins as any team in the Eastern Conference, tied with Miami and Indiana. They have never finished a season above .500 away from home. Favours injured hip prevented him from playing and without their starting centre, the Jazz have lost all six contests this year. Kanter had 10 points for Utah but was pulled after missing a defensive assignment and played just 20 minutes. The Jazz are 1-21 with the big man from Turkey in the starting lineup. Notes: The Raptors are 18-10 after the seven-player trade with Sacramento on Dec. 7. ... Toronto used a 31-17 second quarter to take control of the game. ... DeRozan and Valanciunas were both poked in the eye during the course of the game. ... The Jazz were 3 of 17 from behind the 3-point line. . Jeremy Evans missed the game for Utah with a bruised tailbone and elbow. Chandler Catanzaro Buccaneers Jersey . After losing Brett Cecil to groin tightness on Friday, the Blue Jays watched as R. Jason Pierre-Paul Jersey .C. -- The Steve Smith era in Carolina is over. http://www.thebuccaneersfansclub.com/Bla...ad-Jersey/ . Price was hurt at the start of Wednesdays practice after facing just one shot as the team worked on their power play. He left the ice in discomfort and appeared to be favouring his leg. A Habs source told TSNs John Lu that Price suffered the injury in Sochi and not before the Olympics. PHILADELPHIA -- The Milwaukee Brewers are feeling right at home on the road and gaining more confidence with each win. Ryan Braun hit a two-run triple during a three-run eighth inning rally to lead the Brewers to their fifth straight win, 9-4 over the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday. Carlos Gomez and Mark Reynolds homered and Jean Segura doubled and drove in a run for Milwaukee, which has won all five games during the streak on the road beginning with a sweep of the Red Sox at Fenway. Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said winning on the road can be a huge boost for a club. "When you win on the road, and not just winning but against the teams that were playing, then it becomes really important," Roenicke said. The Brewers snapped a 4-all tie in the eighth when they scored three runs on one hit off Antonio Bastardo (0-1). Reynolds scored the go-ahead run on an error by first baseman Ryan Howard, who let Logan Schafers grounder go into right field. Braun, who hit three homers Tuesday, broke the game open with a two-run triple to the wall in left-centre that made it 7-4. Tyler Thornburg (2-0) pitched two scoreless innings of relief to earn the victory. Braun, who served a 65-game suspension for violations of major league baseballs drug agreement and labour contract, was booed during each of his four putouts and every at-bat - none louder than when he reached third in the eighth. Reynolds hit a two-run homer in the ninth. "Were just getting hit after hit and its fun to be a part of," Reynolds said. "Offences go through this, they just click. Guys get big hits. You go through these streaks where its fun to be a part of and tough to get us out. Were just going to ride this streak out as long as we can." Philadelphia starter Roberto Hernandez allowed four runs - three earned - on seven hits in five innings while coming within one strikeout of matching his career high with nine. "Hernandez threw the ball well," Phillies manager Ryne Sandberg said. "He was mixing his pitches and did a nice job." Brewers starter Matt Garza gave up four runs - three earned - on eight hits in six innings with four strikeouts and two walks. "I couldnt really find a groove," GGarza said. Ryan Jensen Buccaneers Jersey. "I fought myself for six and am happy to keep my team in there. All that matters is the W. We stack as many as we can and see what happens at the end of September. Thats what you play for." The teams combined for five runs on four hits and two errors in a shaky first inning where both teams looked in early season form. Milwaukee scored a pair of the runs in the top half, bolstered by four-time Gold Glove winner Jimmy Rollins rare error at shortstop. It was a continuation of a problem for Philadelphia, which upped its total to nine errors in eight games. Sandberg, in his first full season as a manager after taking over for fired Charlie Manuel last Aug. 16, has stressed getting back to fundamental baseball. "We definitely have to straighten things up," Sandberg said. "Were working on it." Philadelphia took the lead with three runs in the bottom half that included a Garza balk and second baseman Scooter Gennetts throwing error. Seguras second-inning RBI double tied it at 3 and the Brewers went ahead 4-3 on Gomezs solo homer to left in the fourth. As is his custom, Gomez eschewed the traditional home-run trot for an all-out sprint around the bases. Marlon Byrds single to centre in the fifth tied it at 4. Ben Revere, criticized in Philadelphia on Wednesday for making an error and misplaying another ball in Tuesdays 10-4 home-opening loss, made a spectacular, diving catch to rob Gennett of a hit in the second inning. Roenicke successfully challenged a first-inning out call by second base umpire Adrian Johnson, who incorrectly ruled that Revere beat Garzas throw to second. Replays, though, showed that Segura tagged Reveres leg before he reached the bag. The replay caused a delay of 1:29. Notes: Phillies 3B Cody Asche didnt start due to a minor hamstring injury but entered in the ninth and doubled off the wall in right-centre. . Five-time All-Star Chase Utley didnt start for the second straight game due to the flu. Utley was available to pinch-hit. ... Braun has 23 RBIs in 21 games lifetime at Citizens Bank Park. . Philadelphia LHP Cliff Lee (2-0, 6.00) faces Brewers RHP Marco Estrada (0-0, 1.59) at 7:05 Thursday in the third game of the four-game series. Blackhawks Jerseys Store Cheap Wild Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Penguins Jerseys Store Capitals Jerseys For Sale Blues Jerseys Store Cheap Kings Jerseys Adidas Lightning Jerseys Stars Jerseys For Sale Cheap Predators Jerseys Ducks Store Sharks Jerseys For Sale Cheap Sabres Jerseys Rangers Jerseys For Sale ' ' '